Sunday, February 6, 2011

On The Move

Both boys are now crawling and finding a whole lot of new things. After I had written the last post and before I actually posted, Jacob began crawling.

Joy's mom was staying over and sleeping with Jasper on the couch in the living room. Jacob had woken up and I tried to get him back to sleep in his room. Around 3am, I figure "alright, you win, go play." I put him down on the rug. I sat against the wall and crawled over to me.

I looked down for a second and when I picked my head up, he was standing on to the dresser. He was so proud of himself. Eventually he fell down and I comforted him till he fell asleep

The rest of the week, we had to constantly be watching them as Jasper's new favorite thing in the world is our tv and new surround sound system. We have to keep a good on Jacob as he wants to stand up on everything.

A couple nights ago, we busted out the playpen, which we stored away because they weren't big fans of sleeping in it when they were newborns.

They love the playpen now, Jacob had an easy time standing up in it and didn't hurt himself when falling down. I put toys in there with which they both loved.

Jasper had been so determined to stand after Jacob. He would crawl right behind him and try to use him a way to push up. Jacob wasn't too thrilled about it but he was a good sport.

A couple nights ago, I put the boys in their playpen while I went downstairs to get the laundry. When I came back, both boys were standing. I was so proud of my boys.

One thing is really cool I noticed this week that boys are really starting to become buds. They go with each other when one wants to go down the hall or in the other room. They talk to each other and make each other laugh. It was so awesome to watch.

One really cute instance was when they were both in the playpen. Jacob was laying down and kicking his feet on the side and toward Jasper. Jasper was sitting up and grabbing jacob's foot and they were both laughing.

As as sleep goes lately, they've been going to bed around 6 or 7 in the morning. It has been really rough and we have no idea how to change their schedules. Perhaps I'll ask the doctor later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment