Saturday, July 24, 2010

Two month vaccines

This week I got to witness the boys getting their two-month vaccine shots. All I have to say is "poor guys." They took it like champs, though. Im proud of them. But seeing their faces go from happy/content to pain and crying was hard to watch.

I held Jasper afterwards. He was not happy. But one thing that was really cute is that when he calmed down, I was patting him on butt and he had his hand patting my side! Joy held Jacob afterwords. They were both held until they calmed down a bit then we put their clothes back on.

They both feel asleep on the ride home and slept for 3 hours. Joy and I had lasagna she made earlier. She figured if the night would be rough after their shots, we'll at least get good food. Joy and I ate and watched a movie.

When the boys woke up, they were not happy. They were crying hysterically. There wasn't much we could do to calm them down besides hold them and try to comfort. We ended up taking a car ride again. Which worked a little bit.

When we got home they calmed down enough for Joy to get to bed. However that did not last for the boys. I tried to comfort them but wasn't having much luck.

Worried that Joy wasn't getting any sleep and to try to calm the boys down, I went on my first solo car ride with them. I turned on music and by the time I turned on the main road they were out.

Then I made a mistake... I stopped and got gas, which woke up Jasper which then woke up Jacob. I tried driving on the highway. Then went back to side roads.

I don't know what the problem is but every now and then Jacob falls forward to the side of his car seat, which didn't help him go to sleep. I kept pulling over to fix him. Then just as I was giving up to get them to sleep, I pulled over and fixed Jacob right by our house and by the time I got home, he fell asleep.

When we got home, I was able to devote one on one attention to Jasper. I fed him and then he eventually went to sleep by the time Jacob got up. So I was able to him Jacob one on one attention.

The next day, they seemed fine. When I got home from work they were happy. So I'm not sure if the freak-outs were all shot related or also over stimulated and tired. Jasper had a freak-out that I had trouble containing but I think he was fighting going to sleep.

All-in-all the boys did great and they don't have to go back till they're four months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment