Monday, August 2, 2010

Laughing and smiling

I was trying to get Jasper to go sleep. It was getting late and he's been up for awhile. Jacob had been sleeping for a while and I want to get them to sleep together and passed out by the time Joy takes over so she get some more sleep.

Jasper was hungry so I put him on my legs with my feet on the coffee table so I can have him face me and feed him. I didn't want to give him any attention that would keep him awake.

I was playing with my phone while he was on my legs. At this point, he was done eating and I was just hoping he'd fall asleep on my legs. I look up and he is looking at me with the biggest smile on his face. When he saw he had my attention, he just starting cracking up. This continued for the rest of the night.

It was really hard to not respond to him because I did want him to get to sleep. It turned out, I didn't have to do anything to get him to laugh. Just had to look at him. Otherwise, he'd just keep smiling.

This pretty much continued for the rest of the weekend.

Last night, I was trying to a get a very tired but very awake Jacob to sleep. He was hungry, so I was feeding him like I did with Jasper and sure enough, same thing. He just started finding me so funny.

He would be looking at me, smiling, laughing, and talking! He would stop laughing for a second and say "who!" and start laughing again.

The thing is though, he was tired and doing everything he could to fight it. So eventually, he started getting cranky.

Joy had gotten up and witnessed all of this. I told her, he's been up for awhile and as soon as he goes down, he'll be out for awhile. Jasper had already been sleeping but woke up to feed. I thought he would head to sleep. Joy took over and I went to bed.

I got up after seven and her and boys were passed out on the couch. I got ready for work. Dropped off some bottles on the coffee table. Joy had heard me. I asked her how the night was and she said "they laughed at me all night and then screamed." They had went to sleep at 5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment