Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Must Be Something in the Water


There must be something in the water where we live because it seems like everyone has twins. When Joy and I found out we were having twins, we marched ourselves straight to the book store to get every bit of information we could find. Much to our surprise, I think we only found like 2 or 3 books. I looked online to see if we could find a group. There was one but it was about 50 miles away. So naturally, we thought this is kind of uncommon.

Now that the boys are born and we take them places, it seems we keep running into people saying they have twins or we see twins. Last week, I went to the library. As I was in line, I noticed there was a set of twins in a stroller in front of me. Then as I was waking out, I noticed another set of twins in a stroller!

Over the weekend, we went Christmas shopping. We were looking at the toys when an employee stopped to see the boys. She told us she has twins too.

...one a side, she told us that the first two years are the easiest! Is this true?? I think things will get a lot easier at least for me when I get some sleep. Haha. I'm curious about this now.

Anyway back to my running into lots of twins story, I ran into another woman who said she has twin grandchildren about 5 minutes later in the same store.

So now, I'm really curious how many twins are out there in our town. Is it like this everywhere? Maybe our boys won't be the only set of twins when they go to school. Maybe it'll be weird for all the singletons being only one without a twin in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment