Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jasper's cut

We had our first big boo-boo on Saturday. I was sitting on the floor, playing with the boys. Then I decided to turn my back and put some books away on the shelf.

Jasper had been playing with an old Ninja Turtles toy van that I had from when I was a kid. Next thing I know, Jasper was sitting and crying. The van was leaning up on it's trunk-end. I asked Jasper what happened. He appeared fine, just crying.

So I picked him up and he rested his head on my shoulder. I started to make him laugh by playing pee-a-boo in the mirror. I then put him in front of me to see his face. That's when I noticed he was bleeding from his mouth.

I ran and got a towel and tried to clean it up. I called for Joy. She was in the bedroom. She took control and got the blood to stop and cleaned up.

Jasper had a cut on his gum. The rest of the evening he was on watch so that he wouldn't pick at it. It bled a little later after dinner. Then it bled again on Monday.

Looks like it's in good condition now. It was scary when it happened.

I'm grateful Joy took control. I was in somewhat of a panic and I'm not a fan of blood, despite my horror movie fetish.

I'm gonna have to get used to blood though. I feel having two boys, a lot of trouble is gonna be gotten in to! That and just the regular accidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment